The Newfoundland and Labrador Amateur Taekwondo Union Inc is committed to ensuring that equity and access is incorporated across all aspects of its activities. In doing so, it acknowledges and adopts the following foundation principle from the
Canadian Sport Policy:
Sport is based on equity and access. Sport is welcoming and inclusive, offering an opportunity to participate without regard to age, gender, race, language, sexual orientation, disability, geography, or economic circumstances. Participants have access to affordable sport opportunities that are appropriate to the level of activity chosen and provide opportunities for personal achievement.
- Acknowledges that sport equity is about fairness in sport, equality of access, recognizing inequalities and taking steps to address them. It is about changing the culture and structure of sport to ensure it becomes equally accessible to everyone in society.
- Supports equity and access for underrepresented groups that have been identified by Sport Canada such as Women, Aboriginals and People with Disabilities.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person and will treat everyone equally within the context of their role (player, coach, official and volunteer), regardless of age, ability, gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexuality or social/economic status.
- Is committed to everyone having the right to enjoy their sport in an environment free from threat of intimidation, harassment and abuse.
- Everyone has a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity.
- Will deal with any incidence of discriminatory behaviour according to the Code of Conduct and Discipline Policy.
Board Approved 2012